Norwegian is increasing frequencies from the United States to its most popular European destinations for the summer 2020 season as the airline continues to invest in this pivotal growth market.
A large number of Norwegian’s U.S. long-haul routes will see added frequency for upcoming popular summer season, most notably Los Angeles-Paris increasing to 10 weekly flights; New York-Paris to 9 weekly flights; and San Francisco-London to daily service.
Routes such as Los Angeles-Barcelona; Los Angeles-Madrid; San Francisco-Barcelona; Austin-London; Denver-London; Los Angeles-Rome; and Boston-Paris will also have frequencies enhanced due to popular demand.
– The United States is Norwegian’s key market for long-haul routes and is now the largest market by revenue within our entire network. Our nonstop routes to Paris, London and Barcelona have been in very high demand by American and European travelers alike, and we continue to bolster capacity to meet the demand. Paris, in particular, has seen rapid growth in recent years, now served by seven U.S. gateways and we see potential for more. With this expansion, we anticipate a very successful summer 2020,” said SVP Commercial at Norwegian, Matthew Wood.
Frequency increases for summer 2020 season:
- Austin-London Four weekly flights (up from three weekly summer 2019)
- Boston-Paris Five weekly flights (up from four weekly)
- Denver-London Four weekly flights (up from three weekly)
- Denver-Paris Four weekly flights (up from three weekly)
- Fort Lauderdale-Oslo Three weekly flights (up from twice weekly)
- Los Angeles-Barcelona Daily flights (up from six weekly)
- Los Angeles-Madrid Five weekly flights (up from four weekly)
- Los Angeles-Paris Ten weekly flights (up from daily; double daily on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Los Angeles-Rome Five weekly flights (up from four weekly)
- New York-Paris Nine weekly flights (up from daily; double daily on Mondays and Saturdays)
- Oakland-Oslo Three weekly flights (up from twice weekly)
- San Francisco-Barcelona Four weekly flights (up from three weekly)
- San Francisco-London Daily flights (up from five weekly)
- Tampa-London Three weekly flights (up from twice weekly)
For the winter 2019/2020 program, which commences the last week of October, Norwegian will consolidate all its greater New York City routes to operate solely from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Barcelona and Rome routes that currently operate from Newark Liberty International Airport, will as of October 27 be served from JFK.
Read more news about Norwegian HERE