Norwegian Air’s loyalty program,Â Norwegian Reward, has launched its first-ever co-branded credit card in the U.S. through a strategic partnership with Synchrony, a premier consumer financial services company, and Mastercard, to provide a powerful and robust program for its members. With no annual fee, the new card is now available onÂ NorwegianReward.com.
– After years of driving organic membership for Norwegian Reward in the U.S., we’re ready to take our acclaimed loyalty program to a new level with an experienced and trusted partner, Synchrony. With unique benefits and innovative ways to earn CashPoints, the Norwegian Reward Card will attract new customers to Norwegian Air and entice deeper loyalty from our existing members — allowing more Americans to travel to Europe faster, said Kristin Møllerplass, Head of Loyalty and Engagement, Norwegian Reward.
Norwegian Reward Card benefits include:
- Earn $50 in CashPoints with $500 in purchases in the first 90 days
- 2% extra on Norwegian flights, 2% on dining and grocery, and 1% on all other purchases
- Anniversary bonus of $100 in CashPoints with $20k spend each year starting on account open date
- Redeem CashPoints anytime on any Norwegian flight with no blackout dates and no minimum spend requirement
- Keep your points longer, CashPoints valid for two extra years*
- Priority Boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
For complete details on what the card offers,Â click here (external link)
Norwegian Reward has more than 1.4 million members in the U.S. and over 10 million global members. In 2019, more than three new members joined every minute and the program was also namedÂ Airline Loyalty Program of the YearÂ for three consecutive years by the Freddie Awards.
– Synchrony shares Norwegian’s passion for innovation and technology by investing in next generation capabilities to create enhanced, frictionless customer experiences, said Tom Quindlen, President and CEO, Retail Card, Synchrony.
– We look forward to helping Norwegian attract and reward new customers for their loyalty.”
– As the travel vertical continues to grow and evolve, Mastercard is committed to providing products and services to support innovation in this segment, said Linda Kirkpatrick, EVP Merchants & Acceptance for Mastercard.
– Mastercard is thrilled to partner with Norwegian Air, and Synchrony to deliver a unique program, with rewards and benefits that connect consumers to their passion for travel.”
Norwegian Reward is one of the most generous and dynamic loyalty programs where members canÂ easily earn CashPoints, the program’s proprietary currency, through booking Norwegian flights and stays at partner hotels, renting cars and shopping online.
TheÂ Reward eShop, unveiled in November 2018, invites members to shop from over 550 top national retailers, including Bloomingdale’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Home Depot, Apple, Target, and more to earn a percentage of total spend in CashPoints. Accrued CashPoints are as good as cash and can be applied to future flights to cover partial fares, or an entire fare at any time or can be used to pay for extras such as checked baggage and seat reservation without any restrictions or penalties.
Customers have more ways to earn CashPoints when combining the new Norwegian Reward Card with the already benefit-rich Norwegian Reward program, doubling the earning potential on the same purchase.
For every purchase made with the Norwegian Reward Card withÂ Reward partners, for example, including Avis, Hotels.com, eShop andÂ more, members will receive an additional 1% earning on top of the existing opportunities with these partners.
Moreover, customers will benefit fromÂ Norwegian.com/usÂ bookings from both the Reward program on the net fare plus earn 2% on the gross fare if the card is used, accelerating CashPoints accrual with every purchase.Â
Norwegian offers close to 50 nonstop transatlantic routes from the United States and around 500 routes overall with access to most European destinations via connections within Norwegian’s network at any time of the year.Â
Norwegian has grown to become theÂ largest foreign airline to serve New York CityÂ in terms of passenger numbers, according toÂ the Port Authority of New York and New JerseyÂ and is also the largest airline to Europe in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Florida.
*CashPoints are valid for the current earning year and two more years. With the Norwegian Reward Card, CashPoints are valid for the current earning year plus four more years.