Ryanair is the first airline to be awarded the ‘OK Codacons’ seal, in recognition for having reliable and transparent T&Cs, efficient customer service and user-friendly website. The appointment by Codacons, Italy’s leading consumer association – follows positive feedback from Italian consumers and it is approved by ENAC.
Ryanair is also the first company to receive the OK Codacons seal in a brand-new format, where a total of three Shamrocks can be awarded:
- Purple Shamrock: Reliable company with customer-friendly contracts, transparent terms and conditions, and efficient customer service.
- Yellow Shamrock: Sustainable, energy efficient company with reduced environmental impact.
Ryanair has been awarded with two out of three shamrocks – purple and blue – and has also initiated procedure to obtain the yellow shamrock based on its ongoing environmental commitments as Europe’s greenest, cleanest airline.
Codacons and Ryanair announced their new partnership in August this year, which saw the airline sign up for an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Italian customer EU261 claims.
The partnership also enabled Ryanair and Codacons to collaborate on analyzing consumer feedback through merged surveys and rigorous assessment of services and policies – including punctuality, prices, network, flight comfort, cleanliness, transparency of bureaucratic procedures and quality of staff assistance.
ENAC’s President Nicola Zaccheo has positively commented on the initiative between Ryanair and Codacons:
– Paving a path of transparency is a further commitment to the passenger. Initiatives like this highlight how the passenger is and must always be at the heart of the air transport system. They contribute to increase the quality of the services offered to the user at the booking stage, with transparent, digitally advanced services, and during the flight ensuring beyond safety, which is an essential requirement, also the comfort on the planes, and in the support of the passenger for the resolution of any disputes.
– ENAC, as provided for in its institutional mandate, will continue to monitor the correct application of Community regulations for the protection of users, by taking action in terms of sanctions and second instance against companies which fail to comply with them.
Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said:
– Ryanair is pleased to announce we are the first airline to be awarded the ‘OK Codacons’ seal, following our partnership announcement with Codacons in August last year. This recognition, as a reliable, transparent and digitally advanced company from Italy’s leading consumer association, is a hugely important part of our continued commitment to improving the customer experience across all our services.
– We are also looking forward to receiving the third shamrock as sustainable company, given that Ryanair is Europe’s greenest, lowest emissions airline, with the youngest fleet and highest load factors. Ryanair emits only 66g of CO2 per passenger kilometer and we will reduce this to 60g by 2030, i.e., a 67% reduction versus 2000.”
Codacons’ President Carlo Rienzi said:
– We are pleased to be able to work with a leading airline such as Ryanair to increase passenger protection and to promote awareness of their rights. There are rules in Europe that fully guarantee the rights of air transport users in every context, but less than half of travellers, according to a report by the European Commission, know their rights. Agreements such as the one signed between Ryanair and Codacons go precisely in the direction of closing this gap, and to push the airlines to increase their commitment and their attention towards passengers. As an association we will continue to act as a guard for passenger rights and we will constantly monitor the quality of the services provided to users and the full respect of their rights”
Find more news about Ryanair HERE