Iberia customers can now use the airline’s new WhatsApp channel for general information about their trip, check the status of their flights or check-in.
In order to be closer to its customers and provide a service suited to their needs, Iberia has opened a new Spanish-language virtual assistance channel on the popular WhatsApp messaging application.
Through the airline WhatsApp channel, available on the telephone number +34 676 67 60 04, Iberia customers can:
- Check their flight status.
- Obtain general information about their trip.
- Check-in for any flight to Schengen area countries operated by Iberia, Iberia Express, or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, with the exception of the walk-on Madrid-Barcelona Puente Aéreo shuttle, in the 24 hour period prior to departure, for single-passenger or multiple bookings, in the same cases available on iberia.com
Iberia plans to add new services to its WhatsApp customer assistance channel, and also to launch an English-language version.
Iberia’s Chief Transformation Officer, Gabriel Perdiguero, says:
– At Iberia we want to be where our customers are and to let them contact us via their preferred channels. WhatsApp is the most popular messaging application in Spain and many other countries, and starting today we will be able to answer questions simply and quickly.”
Iberia has worked with Mindsay to develop this new Customer Assistance channel, following the successful collaboration in developing Iberia’s chat service via iberia.com application for mobile devices, Ibot, and Messenger.
Guillaume Laporte, Mindsay’s co-founder and CEO, comments:
– After our successful work to successfully launch the bot on their mobile app and Messenger, we’re thrilled to continue to be their trusted partner for the launch of the WhatsApp bot. From automated check-in to live flight information and FAQs, Mindsay technology allows Iberia to provide its customers with a personalised service.”
Iberia is currently engaged in a digital transformation process towards a new culture and a 100% digital experience with connected operations for customers and employees, along with the commitment to innovation and the search for new business opportunities linked to it.
Iberia participates in forums such as South Summit and Hangar 51, the start-up acceleration programme of Iberia’s parent International Airlines Group (IAG).
These and other schemess with start-ups have helped Iberia develop its chatbot services through Iberia’s own mobile app as well as Messenger, and now Whatsapp, and also to introduce virtual reality glasses to its in-flight entertainment service, to engage in the voice commerce market with Alexa and Google Assistant, and to launch the â€œBag on Board” service, amongst many other innovations.